Tunnel composting system
Biological treatment system
SCOPE OF SUTCO SERVICES.
Design, execution planning as well as hall component, delivery and installation of the machine equipment, composting tunnel, areation and water equipment, cleaning of exhaust air, commissioning and trial operation.
The waste to be treated is generated from household waste. The waste is crushed and screened in the customer’s mechanical treatment plant (MTP). The screen overflow > 80 mm is freed of ferrous and nonferrous metals by a ferrous and non-ferrous separator and is fed to a loading process as a fraction with a high calorific value (HCV). The iron is largely separated from the fine fraction < 80 mm by a ferrous separator. After that, the material is fed to the intensive composting system.
ADVANTAGES OF THE TUNNEL COMPOSTING SYSTEM.
- The automatic input process piles up the material loosely and windrows it for the composting process optimally in the tunnels without any additional compaction by a wheel loader.
- Minimum power consumption for ventilation by open ventilation basements.
- Low cleaning expenses by small conical nozzle openings in the aeration floor and open ventilation basement.
- Operation of the intensive composting process without waste water possible; the process water from the input material leaves the system through exhaust-air cleaning.
- Pressurized ventilation ensures optimum aeration of the material and removes deposits in the ventilation nozzles.
- Good control of the process by small self-contained units in the tunnels.